Huq Eats (pronounced as “Hook”) is another food delivery service established in the Republic of Maldives. This local venture is a competition to the current leading food delivery giant Avas Food. Huq Eats primarily operates using its self-developed mobile application to receive and process orders. They are reachable for orders via Android & iOS/Apple devices.
Huq Eats started its service early 2020 (somewhere in January) and is picking up now. It wouldn’t have been fair had we not tried their services. So we gave it a go! Huq Eats currently operates only within Male’ and Hulhumale’ city in the Maldives.
Registering with Huq Eats
Registering to the application is a must prior to order. Below are the steps you must follow;
- Download the app (from Apple or Google store)
- Click “Enter your mobile number” box at the home screen of the app
- Type in your phone number
- An OTP (one-time-password) will be sent to your phone
- Enter the OTP & you’re done
Order using Huq Eats
- Choose the restaurant wisely (as restaurants for both Male’ or Hulhumale’ are together)
- Choose your favorite dish (one or more) & view the card (at the bottom of the screen)
- Validate the cart and hit on “Checkout”
- If the address is prefilled (can be done at the profile column), select the little “tick” mark, or save a new address
- Once the address is sorted, select “Place order” to place your order
Note: Customers who have registered may visit the profile page and add the address. This will be shown during the order check-out process. This will be the default address used for every delivery unless you opt for a change.
Snazzy Team’s Observation about Huq Eats
- The average time taken per order is about 45 minutes to an hour. Plan your order with this time in mind
- Application is very smooth in operation and navigation which is a plus point. Also, the texts and graphics are more visual and readable
- Huq eats have categorized the restaurants with various specialties such as BBQ, Pizza, Fast Food… etc. Good to have features but not sure if the sorting is done right. Pizza Hut is sorted as a Kottu place, not sure if I have seen them offering.
- During the order process, there were no options to opt for the payment method. We did not know that we could do bank transfers until we spoke to the rider
- Order status is updated so instantaneously until the delivery and the in-app notifications on the phone is another cool feature to highlight
- However, occasionally, the application notifies about “#0 order” even though I have not used the app nor ordered any. Would be better if this is fixed
- Upon the order is picked up by a rider, their number and the rider name is clearly stated. Especially, we can see the movement of the rider when they are en-route to us. This is an absolute killer feature we were impressed with
- For each order, customers are able to provide “Feedback” for both Rider as well the restaurant which is also great
Even Though we tried for the first time, our experience with Huq Eats was fantastic. We suggest you try the app or if you have tried, please let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. Till then happy food Hunting!